From NPDGamma Wiki
The experiment is a high-precision measurement of nuclear forces at low energies. We will measure the correlation between neutron spin and photon direction in the capture of cold neutrons on hydrogen. This correlation depends on the long-range component of the weak interaction between nucleons (protons and neutrons), and is particularly sensitive to the neutral weak current. The unique properties of the weak interaction allow it to be used to gain a better understanding of what is primarily a strongly-interacting system.
- It's the winter 2013-14 shutdown
- Offline analysis is ongoing
- Multiple determinations of asymmetries on various targets
- Multiple drafts in progress
For previous updates check out this webpage.
Currently Useful Links
- 2016 Calender for manning the Al-6061 experiment
- Run Plan of The Day
- Electronic Logbook
- Run-time Estimates and Plans for Run
- Record of Loss of Data on Shifts
- An Analysis Task List
- Analysis Meetings
- Analysis Summaries This page is password protected. You must have an account on the wiki to view it.
- ShutDown Task List
Other Useful Links
- Plans to Brink Experiment up in Feb_14
- Plans for Target Maintenance During Year 2013 End Maintenance Break
- Run and Game Plans: Plans to complete Run and Plans for Maintenance
- Collaboration Meetings
- Collaboration Business (conferences, talks, etc)
- Hydrogen Target Documents
- Project Management (schedules)
- Shift Worker Info
- Contains links to popular/useful pages - When you make a new page, please enter it into the list and try to link to related pages so that things are easy to find.
- Work Packages (H-target, detector, etc)
- NPDgamma Proposal
Existing web stuff
- Please create an account and write this web page. Look at the recent changes to see what's being added.
- Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.
- Configuration settings list
- MediaWiki FAQ
- MediaWiki release mailing list
Insert non-formatted text here